Happy 2012 Everyone!
Here's a winter update to warm your bellies.
❊ I MOVED!: I’ve recently relocated from NYC to Washington, D.C. I had never been to our nations capital much before, but I’m pleasantly surprised by it! It’s hard to match up to NYC and I don’t think I’ll ever try to compare the two, but I will say that I love how manageable D.C. is, how lovely the natural Rock Creek Park is meandering throughout, how awesome it is to have family living just across the state line in VA... and D.C. has some pretty killer coffee joints, Qualia Coffee being my current favorite (the beans are roasted on site; pretty awesome indeed). I'm planning on staying put here through the spring and summer so that I can get to know my new home and discover the local music scene of D.C. and near-by Baltimore. Touring should resume in late summer/early fall and I hope to get some fun local DC stuff happening soon. Will keep you posted on that.
❊ FAI: In February I'll playing shows in VA, NC, TN, PA & NYC. You can find the schedule below as well as on my calendar page. The tour is booked around The 24th Annual International Folk Alliance Conference in Memphis, TN. If you’re also attending FAI, be sure to stop by and say "Hi!" at one of these private showcases:
• 2/22, Moors & McCumber Presents, 10:20-11:10PM, Solo, Room # TBA
• 2/23, Constant Clip Presents, 11:30-12AM, Annie Crane + Putnam Smith, #1707
• 2/24, Constant Clip Presents, 12-12:30AM, Annie Crane, Steven Bacon + J Wagner, #1707
• 2/25, Constant Clip Presents, 11:30-12AM, Annie Crane, J Wagner + Elam Blackman (Constant Clip in the Round!), #1707
❊ BANDCAMP: I’ve finally put my two albums on bandcamp for you! The newer album Jump With a Child's Heart is there for purchase and streaming, but my older album, Through the Farmlands and the Cities is available as a free download! Check it out.
❊ ZAPTOWN REVIEW: “Crane extracts an instant wonderment...” A lovely review of Jump With a Child’s Heart in Indianapolis’s ZapTown Magazine.
❊ STARBUCKS: Remember to keep your ears peeled for songs off my new album currently being played at your local Starbucks store. So far there have been audial sightings in NYC; St. Louis, MO; Seattle, WA; Las Vegas, NV; Rochester, NY... pretty dang cool!
❊ FEB TOUR SCHED: with lovely French tour mate, Pollyanna
- Fri. 2/17, Clementine Cafe w/ Chamomile & Whiskey, Harrisonburg, VA, 8:30PM (153 S. Main St., www.clementinecafe.com)
- Sun. 2/19, The Acoustic Coffeehouse, Johnson City, TN, 8:00pm (415 W. Walnut St., www.acousticcoffeehouse.net)
- Tues. 2/21, WDVX Blue Plate Special, RADIO, Knoxville, TN, noon (Knoxville Visitor Center, Gay St./Summit Hill Ave., www.wdvx.com)
- Tues. 2/21, The Family Wash for Tuesday night “Short Sets”, Nashville, TN, show starts at 8:00PM, 9:00PM Annie Crane, 9:30PM Pollyanna (2038 Greenwood Ave., www.familywash.com)
- Wed 22 - Sun 26, The 24th Annual International Folk Alliance Conference, Memphis, TN
- Mon 2/27, Garfield Artworks w/ Caitlin Magarity and Kevin Finn, Pittsburgh, PA, 7:30PM (4931 Penn Ave., www.garfieldartworks.com)
- Tues. 2/28, Pete’s Candy Store, Brooklyn, NY, 8:00PM Pollyanna, 9:00PM Annie Crane (709 Lorimer St., www.petescandystore.com)