2.02.2011

Annie's Deliriously Thrilling Dilemma!


I have entered the studio and begun recording my second album and it is sounding incredible, but I need your help.
My good friend and co-producer for this project, Frank Hoier, and I have begun recording at his studios in Red Hook, Brooklyn on an old reel-to-reel machine (as opposed to digital, giving it a warmer, more natural sound) and we’re producing a more pared down version of my music. These recordings are going to be minimalist yet intriguing with hints of cello, electric bass, trumpet, slide guitar and harmonies throughout.
In todays music world, musicians need all the help they can get from those who enjoy what they produce. The internet has changed everything leaving independent artists to figure out the path to a stable, healthy living (otherwise known as success) on their own... which has proven to have many pros & cons. It’s wonderful because an artist now can maintain near complete creative control and is able (drum roll!) to keep a fair monetary percentage of what their work brings in. It’s bad, however, because their work needs capital to be produced and this requires project funding... which, with a now topsy turvy music industry, is absent.
This is where I’d like to ask for your help. I’ve launched a fund raising campaign to cover the cost of this record. The campaign is being hosted at Kickstarter.com and is titled “Annie Crane’s Delirious Dilemma!” (make sure to watch the adorably hysterical campaign video in 1920’s silent film fashion). My goal is to raise $3200. Recording a record is not cheap - here is a breakdown of my project costs: $1400 for recording, mixing & musicians. $500 for mastering. $1500 for CD production & duplication (this does not include things like album artwork, publicity & promotions, radio campaigns and postage for mailing hundreds of press kits to radio station, newspapers, magazines, etc which is all done and paid out-of-pocket by the artist).
For every donation, there is an amazing prize. Prizes include: a signed pre-release copy of the record, a personalized song about how YOUR grandparents met and fell in love, a sketch of your favorite President by an acclaimed NY based presidential portrait artist, my entire discography, special poems and letters written thoughtfully by me to you, etc. Go to “Annie Crane’s Delirious Dilemma!” to see what other rewards there are.
This campaign lasts for only 40 days and if I don’t reach my goal in that time, I get none of the donations. That means if I raise $3199, $1 shy of my goal, I get nothing. You can pledge any amount you like; even as little as $1 will be a tremendous help. Please help me meet my goal and by doing so, you will be supporting independent music. 
At its best, art is created to connect with, to move, and to better humanity. This can not be done without help from those who value this expression. Thank you so much for supporting me over the last few years! Please continue to do so with a donation to this project.


Love, Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment